Thursday, January 05, 2006

Welcome To It

Welcome to the blog. I used to be in the movie industry, working in visual effects. There's no jobs now, well there are, but not a career. You can work in the movie industry in Canada, as long as you don't mind looking for work every 3 months or so. The thing is, I didn't know how important job security was to me until I didn't have any.

So I'm back in school in the medical field, trying to use these film and computer skills I have in another way. I don't think I'll ever get the movies (or more importantly my love of Visual Effects and it's rich history) out of my head, so here I am on blogger.

I am intending this blog to be a list of 365 of the most influential and important visual effects movies of all time, and WHY they are so. The little blurb about each one might be only a paragraph, or maybe a few. I might even write a little novel about the really big ones. Think of it as a year-long visual effects school, one movie at a time.

Because of copyrights (and my respect for them) I likely won't include any pictures, but I will try to include a link to IMBD.com for each one. Being a student, I likely won't be adding a new movie every day (sorry, have to study and all).

These are my thoughts and intentions as of today, and I will be very interested to read this post again in about a year's time, to see how all of this evolves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home